Goal Setting 2018
2018 is "The Year of Release" and we have to (1) set goals and (2) set strategies to reach those goals. This week we have worked to identify the goals and they can be SMART Goals or HARD Goals. Let me explain the two.
First SMART Goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. This means we have to take time to make sure whatever goal we chose meet these criteria. If we take the time, we will have a clear picture of what we are trying to accomplish and we will know when we have accomplished it.
HARD Goals are: Heartfelt, Animated, Required, and Difficult. SMART Goals are developed in the head while HARD Goals grip the heart. They inspire and motivate.
This week we are working on strategies.
- Prioritize the goals. Which one is the most important for your development.
- Identify what the success of the goal looks like.
- Determine what aspect of your growth God is trying to get you to address.
- Write out the specific steps you are going to take to reach the goal and assign a start date and a date for each step.
- Share your plan with someone who wants you to succeed and ask them to monitor your progress.
- Do the same for the next two goals. Some will take longer than others and more work, but work is the requirement to accomplish goals.
- Pray each day for success and for what that success means to your growth.
- Evaluate your progress by your effort.
Let's go to work!!